Monday, May 30, 2011

CO prep

The time is drawing near to kiss Kansas goodbye for a short while and wave hello to Colorado!! (Lord-willing).

Here in roughly two weeks I'll be leaving to spend the rest of my summer in Manitou Springs, CO with a wonderful lady, M. Her son built a condo out there and that's where she's wanting to spend her time, relaxing and having fun. Can't say I blame her! She couldn't have picked a more beautiful spot to relax.

While she and I are down there, we have a list of things that will be accomplished. Work you ask? Heck no, what kind of fun is that? This is a list that M created and, of course, I'd love to help her accomplish it. Bear in mind, these are just few that I'm aware of...who knows what this lady has planned...

1. Learn Spanish. I come from a fairly long line of Germans. In fact, I was forced to take at least two years of the German language in high school. Any thoughts about taking a different foreign language and I would've been branded a traitor to my family. Fortunately, this is no longer a problem, but still this will be interesting.

2. Go line dancing. Oh we're not just line dancing. We're line dancing at the senior center. I will officially be the youngest person there, but might in fact become the most popular dance partner in the room (or so I'm told).

3. Become members of the country club. In addition to coming from a long line of Germans, I also come from a very long line of people that have never been members of a country club. I was even informed by my mother that I needed to invest in some better clothes to make a good impression on the country clubbers, or anyone else in a nice environment. Thank you, Mom. Clearly, I'll be encroaching on new territory and I think it's safe to say that I'll have no idea what I'm doing.

So like I said, just a few goals on the list. I'm sure I'll have many more stories and goals to post as time goes on. Please pray for me as we continue to prepare for our trip. There have been some obstacles thrown our way, but God is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment