Saturday, April 30, 2011

where to look

"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God." Colossians 3:1

What am I seeking?
Success at school. Brains. Success at work. Love from others. Beauty. Wit. Affirmation. Control. Adventure. Security. Money. Possessions - I could go on, but I'll spare you.

How many of those are 'things that are above'?
...................................................................

Why am I always looking for these things, when He tells me I won't need them? It seems I'm always muting His voice whenever He tries to tell me, "In Me, you are made new. In Me, you are beautiful. In Me, you have hope. In Me, you have love. You don't need to worry or fear, because I am in control - I've got you. Give your money and possessions to the poor, the orphans and the widows. Seek the things that are above."

I should be seeking after the things that will make me more like Him, and those can only be found in Him.

"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy, he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it." Matthew 13:44-46

If we sought after the kingdom of heaven, and the things that are above, we will care for nothing else in this world. Nothing else will matter! We will sell all of it for that treasure that is far greater than any other we could possibly imagine.

What are you in search of?

No comments:

Post a Comment