Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

2010 has come to a close.
I remember last year at midnight - we were all gathered in the kitchen and it had just turned 12:00 a.m. so we wished each other a Happy New Year. Then it got quiet and my sister broke the silence by asking, "So...what do we do now?" Of all the things she could have said, and she asks the question 'what do we do now?' It's funny though, because that sort of became the theme of 2010. Nearly all year long, we kept asking that question, in nearly every area of our lives.

When 2011 came around at 12:00 a.m., we did something a little different. Instead of just wishing each other a Happy New Year and then starting to gab about our resolutions that (let's face it) we all know were bound to fail, we took a moment, stopped and prayed for the year that is to come. I prayed that I would be more in tune with Him than ever, that He would show me what He wants for me, and that I would continue to place every ounce of my faith and trust in Him.

So bloggers, if you're reading this, just know that I wish you a Happy New Year! I'm hoping and praying that the Lord will bless and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment