Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jesus, Take the Wheel (my version)

I love driving! Being able to hop in my car, roll down the windows, and go on a drive in the warm, sunshine will totally make my day! However. I am told that I'm not exactly the most 'cautious' driver in town......I don't throw all caution to the wind (let's not exaggerate this!), but when I drive I can be a little dare-devil sometimes! Over time, and many many miles, I have come to find out that I love the control I get when I'm behind the wheel.
Yup, when I'm at 10 an' 2, there is nothing I won't do!

Why can't I be as control in other areas in my life, the way I am when I'm behind the wheel??

Because, like life, there is more than one seat in a car, which is sorta funny when you think about it because only one of those seats means you have control. The other three are passenger seats, which means you buckle up, sit back and enjoy the ride! In life, the passenger seat is one of the scariest places to be!! But we're there majority of the time, whether we realize it or not.

If there's one thing I've learned in the past few months, it's that life can change at the drop of a hat. One minute, you think you're in control of everything, and the next, you're not. It's no surprise that someone who loves to be in control of her [my] life (and car) get's a little anxious at times......OK, really anxious. Lately, I've been having the problem "Too many questions and NOT enough answers!!" What's a girl to do?!

Cue awesome friends: A friend shared this verse with me, 1 Peter 5:6-7
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Being humble before the Lord means owning up to the fact that you don't have control over your life - He does. But it also means accepting it, and coming before Him saying, "Father, my whole life is for Your glory." If our whole life is for His glory - His purpose - then why do we worry so much about how we'll get by?? God is our Provider, our Comforter, He is our Father and He will not abandon us and make us fend for ourselves.

So when you find yourself so distracted because you don't know what to do, cry out to our Heavenly Father! He will listen. Ask for peace, wisdom, patience, but ask for His will to play out as well. And hang in there!! He won't give you more than you can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment