Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

It's that time of year again! That time of year when stores are completely smothered in pink and red hearts, chocolates and cards. That time of year when men (young and old) order flowers and give them to their special someone. As a Single Lady, I almost feel like I should be saying how much I dislike Valentine's Day, stating that all the candy, flowers and hearts are totally cliche and that I would rather choke on them, than participate. In the past, that's been my argument.

It was a lie!!!

The truth? I love Valentine's Day! The best part though is that I don't have to have a special someone to enjoy it. I love just going to a restaurant or store and seeing other couples having dinner or buying flowers to give to their lady. I'm a romantic - what can I say?

This year is totally different than previous years, but I don't feel neglected or completely hopeless, because here's another truth: I have a Valentine every single day of the year - whether it be a good day or the crappiest day in the history of crappy days!! He loves me so much and His love never changes or fades away - it's completely consistent. I may not get candy from Him via Angelic Candies, but He gives me flowers every time I go outside (currently they're covered in snow, but I know they'll be there eventually), He gives me the Bible which is full of His love letters to me, and I get to go back and reread the story of just how much He truly loves me. He didn't sacrifice his lunch hour to go get me flowers, or brave the crazy 5 o'clock traffic to get that card He forgot about - He sent His only Son to die so that I will be in eternity with Him someday.

I couldn't ask for a better Valentine, because no one could ever love me like my God.

So for those of you who have that special someone, have a wonderful Valentine's Day! For those of you that don't, embrace this season of your life because that's where God has you. Celebrate with your loved ones God's love for you and forget all of the eating diets for a day. Splurge on some candy :) I sure will!

No comments:

Post a Comment