Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"spend" time - don't "make" it

I cannot wait for my life to belong to me again and not my school. It seems like the closer I get to freedom (a.k.a. graduation) the busier and busier I get. Basically, school and church have consumed my schedule....mostly school. That's just wrong. I guess that's where I get so frustrated.

Why is it so hard to spend time with God? Nowadays, we've resorted to "making" time for God instead. Do we really believe that watching that TV episode, running those errands, or checking that facebook is really more important than takng 10 minutes out of the day for the Creator of life?? Our Savior?? Our Reason to live??

I'm not trying to sound like I have it all together. You're probably thinking to yourself, "If she's so serious about spending time with God everyday, then why is she blogging instead of going out and doing something about it?" Truth, is...I haven't had a quiet time with the Lord for the longest time. And I miss Him. I know He's there, but that closeness isn't there. How do you become good friends with someone?....you spend time with them.

From now on, I am going to spend time with the Lord at least 4 days a week. I'm telling you this because you are all my witnesses. I've made broken commitments just like this in the past - I'm determined to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment