Saturday, March 27, 2010

Acts of Kindness

Today was great!
I woke up and went to church - we were helping to package food for Haiti with a company called NUMANA. It was tons of fun! I went and was working at a table with my grandparents, my parents, and some other adults that are friends of ours. I was in charge of scooping out rice and pouring a cup into the bag. I did this for a few hours, but I wasn't complaining!

Instead, I was thinking back to last summer when I went with my youth group to Salt-Lake City, Utah. We were at an Evangelical Church of America conference. One afternoon, all we did for like 5 hours was do package food for third-world countries. That wasn't even our original plan for that afternoon! Our plan was to take naps and maybe workout some...but do nothing important. But my and my friend Lydia started to feel guilty...so we went to the food-packaging and had a BLAST!

Anyways, I was reminded of how fun it actually was while I was working the table today. It felt good to get away from my own little world and go do something for other people - people that really need our help! So if you're reading this, I hope that his might offer some encouragement to do the same thing. Just go out and do something for someone! You might be surprised....

No comments:

Post a Comment