Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Freshmeat

Here we go again. Four years ago, I was a freshman in high school - completely and utterly afraid for my life every time I walked through those double doors, I was afraid of my hectic schedule and I was afraid of failing epically. And now after finally getting to the top rung of the ladder, I'm at the bottom again.

Only this time, I'm a freshmen at a much bigger school. Although I have more experience dealing with the large crowds of people, the studying, the busy schedules...etc., I still feel completely out of my league in college. Is it ridiculous that I have to give myself a pep talk before going on campus....every single time? It's always along the lines of, "OK Victoria, you got this! Put on your confident face, look like you're on a mission...don't take 'no' for an answer. You can do this! If thousands of people before you could do it, then you can too!" It tends to help me muster up just enough confidence and self-esteem to do what I came to do. And then I go home and want to be by myself because I'm worn out and need to relax.

Classes start on Thursday, so sooner or later I'm gonna have to get the hang of this. Books are still missing, letter to go get the books went MIA....I've got my work cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment