Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Victim of sleep deprivation

Having an 8 week old puppy is just like raising a child. There are so many similarities! First of all, there's the whole "potty training" thing. Can I just say that that's been an insane adventure in itself? Let me elaborate. To prevent Toby from piddling on everything except the grass where he's supposed to do it on, we have to try and gauge exactly when he's going to go do his business. The first few times were very random though, so consequently he had a few accidents.

He finally started to get the hang of it! But his bladder is about the size of a pea. So he'd wake us up with his whining at 4:45 am, wanting to get out of the kennel. Because he's such an early rise, we've had to camp-out in the living room, near his kennel. For the past two nights I have slept on the living room floor, in a sleeping bag, without my comfortable mattress. ---> not ideal. But then I look at his sweet little face and I remember how much I love him and can't say 'no'. He must have planned that....the little booger.

Today's looking to be an eventful day. I'm headed to a funeral for a friend of mine that died. Max McCutcheon was my friend from high school - we were both in marching band together and did lots of other things with music. He was on his way home from KC when his truck rolled somehow ( I don't know the full story). He was thrown and killed right there on the turnpike. I can't believe he's actually gone - that someone that I knew fairly well would die. I had just seen him at work a few weeks prior! It seems so surreal at times. But I sincerely hope and pray that he had a relationship with the Lord. He'd come to me with questions about my faith, or when he needed encouragement. I could never quite figure out where he was in his faith, but I hope he heard me and I hope he's a part of God's drum line now.

No comments:

Post a Comment